I've sent off my full manuscript to Mme. Editrix today after
Part of it is this was my first NaNoWriMo manuscript. I had a ton of extra verbiage in the manuscript because I needed to make word count. During the rewrite, I'd deleted approximately 2500 words or so. Probably could've cut more but we'll see after I get it back.
Next was "incomplete pass" syndrome. When somebody first sat down and truly edited a short I'd written, he pointed out I had a lot of odd, missing, or incomplete actions. Somebody would stand in one sentence and in the next, they'd be magically dressed or out the door. So I felt I had to spell it out word for word for word what the characters where doing along with what they were saying.
Next came the "-ing" verbs. This is something I had no idea I was doing. At all. The guy mentioned above pointed out how many times I'd used the word "gently" in the story he'd edited but I didn't notice. In the excerpts I'd sent for Aspen Mountain's anniversary week and my cover art request, I was completely clueless on how often I'd used "-ing" verbs on a page; she highlighted at least 25 examples in an excerpt of less than 500 words. Not a good ratio, I'd say; I suck at math, but seeing the highlighted words told me she has a point.
So that was what I'd worked on for most of last week. I'd steal time here and there so I could get it cleaned up more and it can get released just that much sooner.
And so she won't make fun of me on Facebook.