Saturday, March 10, 2012

Free stuff!



Oh, my God. This is like...SO COOL. When I went to RT Booklovers Convention last year, a group of authors had gotten together and created trading cards to help promote their work. I've collected non-sports cards off and on over the years, and this was the sort of thing I look for. I grabbed as many as I could find at the convention and decided I was going to join in for this year's.

It wasn't easy putting these together. I had to fake my way through Photoshop Elements, using layers for the first time, but I finally got it put together the way I liked. It also took about four or five revamps with the printer before I finally said "ENOUGH!" and told them I couldn't/didn't want to do any further revisions on it and would take the responsibility if they came out for crap.

Actually, I'm rather pleased with the final product. I love love LOVE this new cover, to start, and it lends itself beautifully for a myriad promotional opportunities. I'll be giving these away at RT Booklovers Convention in April and if you'd like one, please send me an email with your address and I'll be more than happy to send you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment